The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
Featuring Owen Sizemore and Rory Klink
NC College Beat Co-founder and Webmaster Owen Sizemore joins Staff Writer Rory Klink to kick of the NCCB2021 Advanced Topics in College Podcast, investigating philosophy, research, technology and politics and its effect on college students.
This episode takes a deep dive into the role that social media plays in college applications, social media's privacy and security concerns, and its role in creating social change. Additionally, this episode discusses the rising cost of tuition and fees across colleges and universities and compares how public and private universities seek to draw in students through academics, amenities and research opportunities.
- In 2016 it was reported that about one-third of colleges checked applicants’ social media as part of their application process (ConsumerReports).
- The North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics
- Laura Tierney and The Social Institute
- TikTok formerly had the capability to monitor your phone’s clipboard and copy that information every few seconds, but this was removed after it was discovered by app developers at a company called Mysk (Mysk).
- Opinion piece from a student at Brigham Young University says social media can help create future collective action and social justice habits in the long-term (The Daily Universe).
- Rising costs of college are not keeping up with wages or inflation (CNBC).
- NC Promise Tuition Plan
- UNC Charlotte's University Recreation Center
- UNC Charlotte opens Mariott Hotel and Conference Center (Inside UNCC) ●
The Recommended Content Widget will appear here on the published site.
The latest from Instagram
Send us your thoughts, opinions, story tips, and more!
UNC Chapel Hill
NC State University
NC A&T State University